Free School Meals
From September 2014, there will be a statutory requirement for schools in England to provide free school meals to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Whilst all pupils in these year groups will be provided with a free school meal, it is important that, if you think you are eligible to receive a free school meal, you continue to apply to Peterborough City Council.
Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at Key Stages 2-4 will continue as they do now, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after parents stop qualifying for the Working Tax Credit
There will be no change to the process for applying for free school meals. Families receiving a qualifying benefit must continue to apply to Peterborough City Council.
Please click here on the link below to apply or ring 01733 747474.